Covid-19 Temporary Local Rule
Temporary Local Rule No 1:
Ball in a Bunker: Optional Lift, Clean, Repair and Replace.
When a player’s ball lies in a Bunker, the player may take free relief by lifting, cleaning and placing the ball within 15 cm. Prior to placing the ball, the sand may be smoothed in the area where the ball is to be placed.
Temporary Local Rule No’s 2 & 3:
A: Definition: The Flagstick is an Immovable Obstruction
Anywhere on the course any Flagstick is to be considered an Immovable Obstruction.
Rule 2: Putts Conceded when at rest within 30cm of the Flagstick:
If a ball comes to rest within 30 cms of the flagstick on the green of the hole being played, the player must take a 1 Stroke Penalty Relief and lift the ball. By taking that relief the player is deemed to have been conceded the next putt and to have holed out with the next stroke.
Rule 3: Penalty for Handling or Moving the Flagstick.
Anywhere on the course, taking the Flagstick from a hole or adjusting the position of a Flagstick in a hole is “improving the conditions for a stroke”. Any such action is a breach of Rule 8-1a(1) and the player incurs the General Penalty. (Stroke Play: 2 strokes or Match Play: Loss of Hole).
The penalty is incurred by any player who Removes or Adjusts any Flagstick. In addition, the penalty is incurred by any player who requested the Flagstick to be Removed or Adjusted.
A player may not invoke Rule 8-1c(1) by restoring the “conditions affecting the stroke” by replacing the Flagstick or returning it to its original position after it has been moved.
- This rule identifies the Flagstick as an Immovable Obstruction.
- There is compulsory relief for the player whose ball is at rest within 30cm of the Flagstick.
- This rule removes the requirement for an opponent to concede the next putt. The next putt is “given” by this rule when the ball is at rest within 30 cm of the hole.
- As soon as the ball is at Rest within 30cm of the hole, that player has completed that hole.
- The rule forbids the handling of ANY Flagstick on the course by deeming that removing or adjusting any flagstick is “improving the conditions affecting a stroke” and therefore covered by Rule 8-1.
- The Rule identifies that the Penalty is incurred by the player who Removes or Adjusts the Flagstick and by any Player who requested that action.
- Finally, restoring the Flagstick to its original position does not negate the Penalty that a player incurs.
Temporary Local Rule No 4:
Scoring a Round.
It is the responsibility of the Player to keep their own scorecard. After each hole during the round, the player and their opponent should confirm the number of strokes each person has taken on that hole (including strokes made and penalty strokes) and enter those gross scores on the Player’s scorecard.
When the round has ended, the player:
- Should carefully check and total the hole and round scores for both the player and the opponent.
- Must confirm that their Opponent agrees with those scores, and
- Must certify that agreement of scores by writing their Opponent’s 7-digit Golf ID Number in the space allocated for the Markers Signature on the scorecard
- Return the card to the Pro Shop attendee who will be responsible for the scores being entered into DotGolf.