2021 Men's Club Champs
Note to 2021 Participants
Due to the success we have had this year with Club Champ entries, we want to give those in the Senior, Intermediate, and Junior draws a chance to have at least two games. Therefore, it has been decided this year that the losers of all first-round matches will go into a Plate Competition.
Upon checking your specific draw you will notice each match has a number attached to it. This will determine the placement in the Plate Competition should you lose your first-round match where the loser of Match#1 will put their name on line L1 of the Plate Draw.
Due to today’s notice that we will be staying at Alert Level4 at least until Wednesday 26 August we have removed all “play by” dates. These will be reviewed again once we know when we will be back to Alert Level2. Thanks for your understanding on this.
Divisions & Handicaps
The Divisions for the Club Championship are the same as for the Sellar Trophy and Player’s handicaps or Age to place them in their respective division are taken from the date the Match Play draw is made.
Handicap: up to 7.9
Handicap: 8.0 – 13.3
Handicap: 13.4 & up
70 years & over
FIRST MATCHES FROM
Contested by Match Play rounds played ‘off-the-stick” between players in Divisions of Senior, Intermediate, Junior A and Masters.
Entry is open to all men members including Junior A.
The Draw is by seed in each Division.
Preliminary rounds of matches will leave the final two players to compete for their respective Divisional Club Championship on Finals Day.
PLAYING RULE VARIATIONS
- Preliminary matches in all flights of the Senior, Intermediate & Junior A Divisions are from the tees of the day except the finals which are played from the Blue Tees.
- Matches in Masters Divisions are always from the White Tees.
- All Matches played in the preliminary rounds are played over 18 holes.
- Final Matches in the Senior, Intermediate and Junior A Divisions are played over 36 holes. The Masters Finals are played over 18 holes. All finals are played on the same Sunday as scheduled in the Fixtures Diary.
- Semi Final ‘losers’ in each division play off for 3rd place over 18 holes. The match to be played off the same Tees as their division finalists.
- If a match is All Square at the end of the stipulated round(s), the match continues with “Sudden Death” match play from the No 1 Tee.